[OZAPRS] Running APRS 2m and a 2m radio mobile (i.e. 2 x 2mradios)

Michael Carey michaelcarey at internode.on.net
Fri Oct 19 07:34:40 EST 2007

Hi Shaun,
This is a problem with running two 2m sets while mobile, possibly more
with the FM900 unless you have it or can get it programmed for 5W as
well as 25W. Around town I run my IC-F121S on 5W which doesn't really
cause much of a problem.
My antennas are as far apart as I can get them, about 3.5 metres.
When I need extra range I can select 25W and 50W on the APRS radio, but
this then causes de-sense problems when receiving weak 2m signals.
Regards,
Michael.
VK5ZEA