[OZAPRS] UI-View Internet and beacons

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Mon Oct 15 09:01:51 EST 2007

I believe I'm correct in saying that as a rule, Igate's don't broadcast
everything they "hear" from the internet to radio, there's just too much
traffic to do that.

In my little corner of the world where the sum of all APRS users is two,
I send selected stations to RF to provide a bit of interest. Just for a
lark, quite some time back I gated all VK and ZL callsigns to RF and the
radio never stopped transmitting.

Ray vk2tv

Ian Mills wrote:

>Can anyone offer some advise regarding ui-view and beacons?
>
>I have a verified ui-view setup for internet only (as can be seen on
http://second.aprs.net.au:14501/ ). My beacons for ui-view appear fine on
find-u (VK2HIM) but they don't seem to be broadcast via radio. Am I right
to think that since my registered ui-view setup is verified that my
beacons should be broadcast via the VK2-INT igate?