[OZAPRS] Proposed new SEQ digi's...MAPS conversion for UIView

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sun Oct 7 06:57:38 EST 2007

The maps produced by the STS99 Space Shuttle mission produced maps that
were exactly one degree by one degree. Each map is a 1200 x 1200 matrix
of squares that are each 3 arc seconds by 3 arc seconds, or
approximately 90m x 90m. There is 1440000 squares on each map!

Taking the figures from the kml file, which have a number of decimal
places, and converting thos readings back to mm ss,
the difference between the original map coordinates and those in the kml
file is 3 seconds (average).

For our application it won't matter much which figures are used, the
error in the top left corner of the map being 90m which, over the area
covered by the maps, is insignificant.

I will, however, add a query to my list to forward to the program author.

Ray vk2tv