[OZAPRS] Proposed new digi's...MAPS...

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Fri Oct 5 16:37:24 EST 2007

Brian,

The program that creates the maps is also capable of producing a Google
Earth kml file which allows you to overlay on Google Earth and view road
infrastructure and such.

Here's the catch. With kml enabled the individual sites are not
labelled, but I suppose the underlying info in GE more than makes up for
that, and with local knowledge you know where the digis are anyway.
Also, GE (mine at least) can't handle png format so I use ppm. The ppm
file is about 34MB whereas the png file is about 4.5MB. Irfanview will
convert from png to ppm, probably other programs will as well.

I'm happy to do another run with the kml file and am happy to email that
to anyone who wants it.

Ray vk2tv