[OZAPRS] APRS SSID usage !!!

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Wed Oct 3 23:17:23 EST 2007

I cant beleive this stuff I read .. Its amazing how we can get this quoted
from Bobs site

> So stick to the standards above for the obvious applications...  Of
course
> these are not rigid.  If you have more than 4 digipeaters, use any SSID
> you want.  These are only guidelines...
>
> de WB4APR, Bob

And now its seems to translate to.

>Hi All. this was taken from Bob's website. I think it explains it all!

>You can debate the usage as much as you like and essentially use what
ever
>you like!

Excellent .. Theres allways someone out there looking for a licence to do
whatever they want and a justification for it .. So here it is people ..
Is
that comment really in the spirit of what Bob was trying to convey in the
first place ?

Oh thats right .. Have we worked out what SSID to use for HF mobiles yet
??
Thats what this was all about originally wasnt it ??

Flame on !!

Oh yes and points taken regards the web sites and all inconsistencies with
them..

Tony Hunt  VK5AH