[OZAPRS] VK2INT-15 seems to have taken a wrong turn in his truck

David Tilson dave at daves-portal.com
Mon Oct 15 08:48:24 EST 2007

Shaun,

When others are watching you learn to be selective about when you beacon
:-)  It is a two edged sword...

I have a mother (3DYL) who tracks my movements and whenever I am near
she calls me up to give me jobs...

And what was even worse was when I started taking out a mate's daughter
before he knew about it... and the father was also active on APRS.  I
quickly learnt it was safer to switch off beacons at particular times
when I was near her place...

Fortunately I married the girl so now I can leave my beacon on, but it
still needs to get switched off if I'm anywhere near mum's place hahaha.

Cheers,

Davidt, VK3UR