[OZAPRS] VK2 APRS 'New n-N Paradigm'

Shaun Pitcher spitcher at energy.com.au
Sun Oct 14 09:28:01 EST 2007

Thanks Geoff,

For me the Igate is the goal.  As long as I hit one of them I am happy.

As for a new Digi, if those dam people at the NSW lotteries would ring me
with the good news, I could quit my job and put one up at the Taree
repeater site.

Regards,
Shaun Pitcher

"Geoff" <geoff at gatwards.org>
Sent by: ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au
14/10/2007 09:18 AM
Please respond to
VK / ZL  APRS Users  <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>

"'VK / ZL  APRS Users'" <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
cc

Subject
Re: [OZAPRS] VK2 APRS 'New n-N Paradigm'

Wouldn't help much as beyond the Central Coast there is currently no RF
network to hear your beacons, regardless of the path.

The Sydney region is about to implement the New-N format, which will have
recommended mobile path of WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1.   This will give your beacon a
maximum of 3 hops (WIDE1-1, WIDE2-1, WIDE2) which is more than enough to
reach the local Igate.

In some regional areas where there is a larger area to cover,
WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 simply gives one additional hop in the path (WIDE1-1,
WIDE2-2, WIDE2-1, WIDE2).   I think generally within both VK3 and the new
VK2 network, WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 will be enough to reliably hit an Igate
regardless of where you are.

If you know of anyone in the Newcastle area and northwards who may know of

good spot for a digipeater we'd love to hear from them, so we can
establish
the network and provide the coverage you are after ;-)

Regards,
Geoff
VK2XJG