[OZAPRS] Fw: Fill in Digi

Geoff geoff at gatwards.org
Tue Nov 20 15:10:35 EST 2007

For a quick overview of the way APRS digipeating works,  take a look at
http://vk2.aprs.net.au/digipeaters.php

If you are in VK2,  the recommended settings for a mobile setup are:
Mobile - WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1

WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 will digipeat your data through 2 digipeaters, which in
99%
of cases is enough to reach an IGate.

WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 will digipeat your data through 3 digipeaters, which
should
only really be done if you are out in the sticks and the nearest IGate is
3
hops away

Any stations in the Nowra area at the moment should use WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2
due
to the current issue with VK2AMW-4 digipeater.  The reason is that the
current path to the IGate is:  VK2AMW-4,VK2AMW-1,VK2US-1 = 3 hops.

Hopefully the upgrade of the remaining digipeaters in VK2 will be
completed
very soon and some significant improvements to the path reliability will
be
seen.

Regards,
Geoff  VK2XJG