[OZAPRS] VK3 APRS Network News....

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Mon Nov 19 22:54:08 EST 2007

Gday,

Today we commissioned the VK3RWN DPRS Gateway and are now testing it.

You may see station with DSTAR in the comments field unusual SSIDs, icons
etc on the map that are a bit different.

It will be interesting to see how the DPRS system interacts with APRS. I'm
sure there will be a bit of head scratching and the likes while it is
worked
out.

The Icom IC-2820 radio with D-Star installed comes complete with a GPS and
is ready to go, all you need to do is set the correct configuration in the
radio and you are on air with DPRS.

 DPRS will open up APRS to a whole new audience and many of them will need
bit of help and assistance with APRS / DPRS.

Cheers

Richard

VK3JFK