[OZAPRS] [aprssig] PCSAT-1 Load Management over Europe NOW -Path Change

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Sun Nov 11 08:20:24 EST 2007

FYI - for PCSAT Path information.

Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 17:17:22 -0500

From: "Robert Bruninga" <bruninga at usna.edu>

Subject: RE: [aprssig] PCSAT-1 Load Management over Europe NOW

  <aprssig at lists.tapr.org>

PCSAT had reset this afternoon at 2147z over the North pacific approaching
california.  Presumably it was lightly loaded.

Therefore we are setting NOW, the WIDEn-N path which limits duplicate
packets to only one per minute.  Please limit your packets to limit the
load
on PCSAT.  Still send your Satelite Simulated Emergency Test email and
make
contacts, but lighten up over the peak load over Europe.

PCSAT PATH is now VIA WIDEn-N (use either WIDE1-1 or WIDE2-2).

We had hoped to hold off on this until 8 Nov (Half way through the full
sun
period).  But it will be better to do it now to save PCSAT>

Enjoy.

Bob, WB4APR

Naval Academy Satellite Lab

<http://au.messenger.yahoo.com/>