[OZAPRS] VK3 APRS Network News....

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Thu Nov 8 13:20:26 EST 2007

Gday,

Here in the latest APRS news and what happening on the RF network;

VK3REB-1 at Mt Nowa Nowa now has a new antenna and feed line.

Riggers mounted the antenna earlier this week. We should now see a slight
improvement in the coverage of this digipeater.

Thanks to all the people who made this possible.

VK3TBN-10 the UHF IGate is currently off air due to a faulty TNC.

I'm unsure when the IGate will be back on air.

VK3RON-1 located at Ouyen was inspected last week.

It was found that  the digipeater was experiencing lot of interference
from
an unknown source and hence was not hearing any transmissions. However it
is
unusual it was still txing. The digi have been taken off site to be
tested.
When it is returned  to site investigations will be carried out to try and
find the source of the interference.

VK3ROW-1 at Colac is reported as not receiving data.

It will be some time before a site visit can take place to investigated
the
problem.

The Central Victorian IGate VK3JFK-5 is currently off air due to a WiFi
network failure.

I hope to have this sorted out in the next week.

At Mt Alexander (VK3RCV-1) we have changed antennas and are currently
running APRS from the new voice antenna.

This has been done to tests the new voice antenna installation for a
possible problem (don't ask). You may find APRS coverage in Central
Victoria
slightly better or worse for the next few weeks while the testing is
carried
out.

The Horsham Fill-In digipeater VK3III-1 is being re-sited shortly. The new
site will provide better APRS coverage in the local Horsham area.

A few reminders:-

The Rally of Melbourne is on the 9th to 11th of November.

The Alpine Rally is on the 24th / 25th of November.

Both events will be using APRS for WICEN logistics.

Normal APRS IGate traffic will be removed from Gippsland on the weekend of
the Alpine Rally.

That's it for now.

Cheers

Richard