[OZAPRS] VK2 Updates

geoff at gatwards.org geoff at gatwards.org
Mon Nov 5 12:14:54 EST 2007

Folks,

Another update on the VK2 network changes and expansions following the
weekend's activities...

* VK2RLH-1 at Newbridge is now on air and under test.  It is only a
temporary setup with about 10W, however it is being serviced by the VK2ASY
IGate at Orange.  This digi should end up in its final configuration soon.

* VK2RSW-1 returned to service on Saturday and is doing an excellent job
filling in the previously dead spots in the mobile coverage around Western
Sydney.

* VK2JPJ-1 will be attended to on Wednesday and become VK2US-1 at that
time

* A replacement digipeater for VK2AMW-1 is currently being tuned and
tested by Phil VK2EMD, and this is planned to be installed at the new site
within 2 weeks.

* VK2AMW-4 is being upgraded today by Peter VK1NFI and Steve VK2TSB.
A new Power Supply, Radio (15W) and Antenna array are being installed.

* VK2AMW-2 is on air, and is digipeating data heard via VK2AMW-1, however
the transmit from VK2AMW-2 is very low and not being received in the other
direction.  Hopefully this digi will be attended to in the near future.

We also have two confirmed digipeater sites for a new 70cm network to
cover Sydney at VK2US-2 and VK2RSW-2.  We plan to use the national 70cm
APRS frequency of 439.100, and provide a full stream of VK* posit data and
general Information Kiosks for home stations to use.

More updates soon . . .

Geoff  VK2XJG