[OZAPRS] VK2 Network Update

geoff at gatwards.org geoff at gatwards.org
Fri Nov 2 12:01:40 EST 2007

Hi Shaun,

$GPRMC contains position and elevation.
$GPGGA contains position and speed.

If you want to be able to view position, elevation and speed, you need to
use both strings to extract all the required data from the NMEA sentances.

Using two of the TNC's LT buffers allows the TNC to send alternate beacons
with speed/elevation.  The client apps will see the elevation update every
2nd beacon, and the speed every 2nd alternate beacon.

You could of course use only $GPGGA if you were only interested in your
posit and speed.

Regards,
Geoff.