[OZAPRS] PATH CHANGE IN SYDNEY REGION

Andrew McDade vk5ex.andrew at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 08:27:18 EST 2007

Hi Geoff,

I'm curious to know why you are disabling WIDEn-n and TRACEn-n. Do you
have a big problem with people running huge paths over there ? Doing this
is certainly non compliant with the NewN-N paradigm.

I think people generally need to think carefully before putting excessive
restrictions on paths at the digipeters. The effectiveness of      "across
local network" messaging, telem, posits is severely compromised and could
lead to major issues at times when aprs is used for emergency / tactical /
community support types of communication in a portable environments etc.
Obviously where there are problems due to people ignoring requests to
alter there paths appropriately then perhaps tightening the digipeters
path settings could be appropriate. Just be mindful of possible
ramifications.

Regards .. Andrew .. VK5EX