[OZAPRS] MAPS MAPS MAPS

M & M Neno nenos at value.net.nz
Thu May 31 16:48:56 EST 2007

Hi there guys,
Have you tried Pos2Nmea a small add-on program from the author of UIview.
It simply converts a stations packets back to NMEA sentences & outputs
them
to a com port
from there you can connect a null modem cable to another PC & your mapping
prog; running there
will think a GPS is connected. Actually I just use a simple 3 wire cross
over cable ( tracker programmer ) style
& it works fine. You can also use virtual ports on the same PC & com
emulator from the Mix-W team works
well & is a free download.
This is probably only doing the same as netAPRS that you have but if
anyone
wants to have a play with
it I can attach a copy for you , only 16.5kb zip
73s Murray, ZL1ARL.