[OZAPRS] Fw: Bulletins on HF and 2m propagation

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Sat May 12 12:16:01 EST 2007

From: "Tony Hunt" <wavetel at internode.on.net>
To: "Peter VK1NFI" <vk1nfi at netspace.net.au>
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 7:58 PM
Subject: Re: [OZAPRS] Bulletins on HF and 2m propagation

 Peter ..

 Are these bulletins comming via your Igate onto RF ?? We cant help it
your
 local  Igate operator decides to gate them to RF for you locally.

 I am not really complaining about bulletins originating on 2m . My main
 complaint is Bulletins originating on HF and getting through the HF gates
 back to 2m networks. Ive a suspicion some of the VK7 2m traffic is also
 comming to us on 2m at times via HF but have yet to prove it. I have seen
 this happening in the past..

 Its pointless complaining about bulletins originating on 2m as they are
 bound to propagate at times unless we start using Local Zoning which isnt
 bad idea. In fact we have allready started to change to a Zoned path over
 here in Adelaide and Pt Linclon .. The regular bulletins going out to air
in
 Adelaide of which there are 3 about once per hour are all via a Path
unique
 to Adelaide.

 This is a recent change so if you are still seeing them they are either
direct or through your Igate and onto RF.. We cant make it any more water
 tight (over here)  than that to try and stop these bulletins flying
around
and bothering
 people who dont want to be bothered by them.

 Tony  Hunt VK5AH