[OZAPRS] Invalid SSID from VK8RAD ?

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Mon Mar 19 11:02:31 EST 2007

The hamtrack logging server logs all invalid packets and sends me a daily
update on them (you'd be surprised how many digis there are out there with
an extra : or accidental ; in the posit string...).  One that stood out
this morning, as it was an error where I haven't seen one before, was:

VK8RAD-S>APJS10,TCPIP*,qAC,THIRD:;VK8RAD C
*180714z1225.98SD13050.55EaRNG0015 2m Voice 146.700 -.600 Mhz

As far as I'm aware, ony numbers are allowed for the -x part of the SSID,
hence VK8RAD-S is invalid?

Regards,

Damien