[OZAPRS] Anyone playing with DGPS in OZ ?

Darryl Smith Darryl at Radio-active.net.au
Mon Mar 5 07:47:55 EST 2007

I have a Trimble receiver but I have been unable to get it to work... I
have
the code ready to place this data onto the net, but just no receiver to
send
the data out...

Darryl

---------
Darryl Smith, VK2TDS POBox 169 Ingleburn NSW 2565 Australia
Mobile Number 0412 929 634 [+61 4 12 929 634 Int] - 02 9618 6459
www.radio-active.net.au/blog/ - www.radio-active.net.au/web/tracking/

-----Original Message-----
From: ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au [mailto:ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au] On
Behalf Of Michael Carey
Sent: Monday, 5 March 2007 7:35 AM
To: vk4tec at tech-software.net; VK / ZL APRS Users
Subject: Re: [OZAPRS] Anyone playing with DGPS in OZ ?

Yep,

I have a Racal Landstar IV DGPS receiver in my Hilux. It combines an
L-Band receiver that gets correction info using the Omnistar satellite
service and an internal GPS receiver. I send corrected NMEA to various
equipment including a TinyTrak3 on HF, HamHUD, Toshiba laptop, GPS
datalogger and a Compaq iPAQ running both Oziexplorer CE and APRS/CE. I
also output RTCM data from the DGPS receiver and feed that into my
Garmin GPSMAP60CS.
I'm in the process of building an extension to my centre console to hold
some extra gear, at the moment the DGPS receiver, NMEA buffer, APRS
radio/TNC and TinyTrak is sitting on the back floor...

http://www.users.on.net/~michaelcarey/pics/HamHud/IMG_1526.JPG
http://www.users.on.net/~michaelcarey/pics/HamHud/IMG_1527.JPG

Regards,
Michael.