[OZAPRS] Position mapping

Jim Tittsler ZL2IA at OnNZ.net
Fri Jun 29 10:01:51 EST 2007

On Jun 28, 2007, at 20:23, Andrew Rich wrote:

> In the early days I used to peek and poke in the commodore 64.
>
> I am wondering if something like this exists in linux ?

A device driver is the ideal long term solution for hardware control.

But if you just want to twiddle bits on your parallel port or serial
control lines, your favorite language probably has connections for
those.  (For example in Python, I've used pyparallel and pyserial.)

You can also play with /dev/port to do port and bit twiddling.

--
Jim Tittsler  ZL2IA/AI8A    Gisborne                GPG: 0x01159DB6
http://www.qsl.net/7j1ajh/                       QRP/Satellites/APRS