[OZAPRS] 40m HF.

Noel Rowe noel-r at clear.net.nz
Thu Jun 21 09:49:46 EST 2007

I can report that today I received APRS beacons from VK on 40m.  VK7HSE in
Tasmania was heard here this morning with 4 beacons decoded between about
05.10 and 07.25 hours NZST.

These as far as I can remember would be the first VKs beacons ever decoded
ex 40m at my location.  Mind you I havent listened much on 40m over the
years, usually sitting on 30m.  However not long ago I added a second
dipole allowing a dual watch.

At present I am monitoring similtaneously on 30m (tuned to 10.151.00 LSB)
and 40m (tuned to 7.036.00 LSB), both with TNCs with 1600/1800 tone pairs.

Regards, Noel, ZL3GR (living in ZL1 land).