[OZAPRS] HF APRS settings + Great map of Ts etc (RodneyMitchell)

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Fri Jun 8 22:19:33 EST 2007

Look again Rod ..

I was in town watching on the D700 around 5pm and saw at least 2 frames
from
5KFB-15 on 2m .. Theres no limiting on VK5 traffic from the Igate at all.
Its blanket and imediate with no buffering from memory.. Which can be a
bit
chaotic if we are not careful.. The interstate traffic has some limits on
it
and can be delayed or dropped off the Que..

So dunno why you didnt see your HF frames.. Unless there is a local HF
gate
operating and the Igate sees 5KFB-15 as a local station on 2m via a digi.
In
that case it will gate it to the Net but not back off the net. After a
time
if it does not see your -15 it will fall off the local list and start
gating
again off the Net..

Tony Hunt VK5AH