[OZAPRS] 30m Propagation

Terry Neumann tfneumann at internode.on.net
Tue Jul 24 12:53:43 EST 2007

Roger Nichols wrote:

>Interesting that over the last couple of days I'm not hearing anybody
(APRS) on
>30m and I don't appear as being gated by anyone closer than VK6UZ-4 and
>VK8ZAB-4.
>Anybody else noticed anything different?
>Roger VK7ARN-4

I've noticed much the same thing when I looked in for a few hours a
couple of mornings ago.

What I did hear was an almost continuous series of transmissions -
probably from different stations at different locations - which  were
reminiscent of the bad old days of the Russian woodpecker but more
softly modulated.   These were up to S9 here on my station .  It's not
the first time I've heard this.   There have been various other
transmissions on the frequency noted here from time to time, non of them
suggestive of APRS - or any other amateur activity for that matter.

I haven't listened on 30 metres in the last day or so.

73
Terry
VK5ATN