[OZAPRS] Multi connect TNC for events

Andrew Rich vk4tec at people.net.au
Sun Jul 15 18:59:00 EST 2007

PERL script that is the back end engine

http://vk4tec.no-ip.org/horse_enduro/ride_base.php

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Dods [mailto:madods at optusnet.com.au]
Sent: Monday, 9 July 2007 9:36 AM
To: vk4tec at people.net.au; VK / ZL APRS Users
Subject: Re: [OZAPRS] Multi connect TNC for events

Andrew Rich wrote:
> Gudday
>
> If I have a KPC3+ that runs ten connections at once, anything anyone
types
> on each stream should show up on the comm port ?
>
> I am writting a scoring program and we would have up to 6 people wanting
> send at once.
>
> I would like anyting they type to turn up on my TNC comm port.
>
> I am assuming also, to send back I have to change to their stream using
the
> streamsw command
>
> Andy VK4TEC

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
5/07/2007
> 1:55 PM

Hi Andrew,

I've written some stuff like this for WICEN Vic. As you're using a
Kantronics
TNC, I'd recommend using the Kantronics Host mode: every transmission from
the
TNC to the PC is identified with the port and stream it came in on. In
normal
terminal mode, you only get notified when the port and stream change, and
its up
to you (or your software) to keep track of it. Similarly, each outbound PC
transmission has a port and stream designation in Host mode. You therefore
don't
have to worry about what the TNC's "current" port and stream are.

Our software dates back to the Turbo Pascal days, so if you want any
example
code, that all I can give you. By replacing the serial comms code, I've
successfully ported it to native Linux by compiling it with Free Pascal.

We use the software for the Rally of Melbourne scoring, usually with up to
8
or
9 concurrent connections. Once its received by our software onto a Linux
box,
the rxd data is exported in comma delimited form for import into a MySQL
database. From there its queried with php web pages.

--
Regards,

Mark A. Dods, VK3XMU, madods at optusnet.com.au

Checked by AVG Free Edition.