[OZAPRS] Multi connect TNC for events

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Sat Jul 7 11:39:02 EST 2007

Hi Andy,

On 07/07/2007, at 5:58 AM, Andrew Rich wrote:

> If I have a KPC3+ that runs ten connections at once, anything
> anyone types
> on each stream should show up on the comm port ?

Yes.

> I am writting a scoring program and we would have up to 6 people
> wanting to
> send at once.
>
> I would like anyting they type to turn up on my TNC comm port.

There will probably be some sort of indicator prefix attached by the
KPC3 to each line received that isn't from the currently selected
stream as well but otherwise all text should appear.

> I am assuming also, to send back I have to change to their stream
> using the
> streamsw command

Yep.

What is the client program going to be written in (and on)?  If
you're using a unix OS then you could use something like wampes (a
net/nos derivative) and a perl script to provide an interactive front
end to each scorer quite easily and not have to worry about managing
the KPC3.

Carl.
(vk1kcm)