[OZAPRS] Help with THD7

Ian Mills imills at awa.com.au
Sat Jan 20 16:39:34 EST 2007

Hi Tony,

Thanks for this, I turned off AIP and I now am able to decode most packets
heard .. I hadn't realised the effect AIP had !!

Bob, thanks for the suggestion re listening to the same frequency on A and
B even though side A has balance turned down ... Seems that this does
indeed reduce the audio from my testing. For now on I'll ensure I don't
have A and B on the same freq.

Cheers
Ian

>Message: 2
>Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:36:45 +1030
>From: "Tony Hunt" <wavetel at internode.on.net>
>Subject: Re: [OZAPRS] Help with THD7 (Ian Mills)
>To: <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
>
>I dont know much about the D7 but has it got a AIP (advanced intercept
>point) setting??
>
>This really tends to steal the VHF sensitivity on a D700 . Its Menu 1-3-5
on a D700 ..Decoding PCSAT >is pretty useless with this turned on with a
D700 ..
>If you have it turned ON or setup in a PM then its easy to forget..
>
>Its really easy to tell if its turned OFF , just drive into the CBD ..
>
>Tony Hunt  VK5AH
AWA Limited