[OZAPRS] 2M 1/4 Wave antenna

Marcus B mrmabs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 10:12:08 EST 2007

On 14/01/07, Damien Gardner Jnr <rendrag at rendrag.net> wrote:
> [...]

Yeah, I should look that up while I've got your RSGB book here

An exact 1/4 wave matches 36 Ohms, exactly half a dipole, and if I
remember correctly (it isn't in the RSGB handbook), freq / 72 (roughly
95% of a quaterwave) can be used without a large elaborate
groundplane.

But back to the handbook, it says to make a 50 Ohm match, to make the
antenna length longer than usual, then get out the SWR meter, not very
scientific for the RSGB handbook, but it does make sense in a way.

> Cheers,
>
> Damien
> --
> Damien Gardner Jnr
> VK2TDG/VK2DGJ. Dip EE. StudIEAust
> Home: rendrag at rendrag.net -  http://www.rendrag.net/
> Play: vk2tdg at pinegap.net  -  http://pinegap.net/
> --
> We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
>   We ran to the sounds of thunder.
> We danced among the lightning bolts,
>   and tore the world asunder

VK3TST
-- "People aren't stupid. Usually." -- jd