[OZAPRS] My first Posit via PCSAT for a long time

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jan 16 11:28:32 EST 2007

Yes, PCSAT-1 is working great.  I was driving through Tennessee
on Friday, and saw a PCSAT-11 packet on the normal North
Americal 144.39 frequency and so I quickly QSY'ed to 145.825 and
in my mobile with a magmount, my D700 radio captured 12 stations
via PCSAT-1 and 10 messages/bulletins to the radio front panel.

PCSAT-1 has a 1 minute beacon on 144.39 over North America so
that people in low-QRM areas might see when PCSAT is in view for
just this purpose.  There is no 144.39 uplink, of course, since
all the satellite would hear is 10,000 jammed packets in space.
Later, I just left my radio on overnight on 145.825 and captured
similarly a dozen stations.  (Be sure to set your RANGE limit
back to 0, or the D700 will ignore all packets coming from too
far away...)...  De WB4APR, Bob

 @5>/>"4.}On UHF repeater