[OZAPRS] PCSAT questions

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jan 5 07:54:55 EST 2007

> I was wathcing the telem from PCSAT, and have a few questions.
> The power out of "2" is that watts ?

A: Yes

> How come the 8 volt regulator is 7.44 volts, not 8 ?

It is 8.4 volts in the sun during charge and as low as 7.4
during discharge.

> What are the values of current ? an example is 44 for Y-  (is
> that mA ?)

Yes, but of only half the panel.  So you can double that. Except
that there are two systems, the A and B system, so each system
only relly gets what you see there.  Those values are not well
calibrated however...

> I am using the UI-VIEW PCSAT decoder, which I assume is still
ok ?

Donno,

> Will PCSAT send telem regardless of digi activity ?

Yes, it must, or it will reset...  And they we lose it until the
next winter...

> Does digi activity in anyway make the tx of telemetry "back
off" ?

Yes, it will hold off if the OTHER transmitter is busy, but the
most that can be is one second...

Bob, Wb4APR