[OZAPRS] Solar panel question

Terry Collins terryc at woa.com.au
Wed Jan 3 08:40:49 EST 2007

Andrew Rich wrote:
.

> Should I be running a regulator charger ?

Unless you are going to give it daily attention.

> Max current is 250 mA.
>
> It is across a 12 Volt 7Ah sealed lead acid battery.

C=7AH, so C/10 = 700mamps (or milliamperes apprently)
Since it supplies 250MA, which is less than 700mA, it should not damage
the battery whilst charging.

However, I would not recommend leaving it connecter permanently to this
charger. 250ma will fry that battery in a month or two.

I'd suggest daily inspection/voltage reading (late night, morning) to
check full charge level.

You might also want to consider putting a diode into the circuit so that
the panel (if it doesn't already have an inbuilt one)  doesn't discharge
the battery a bit overnight/cloudy days.

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}}}}
Email: terryc200605 at woa.com.au Web: http://www.woa.com.au/terryc