[OZAPRS] Brisbane to Wyong

Darryl Smith Darryl at Radio-active.net.au
Wed Feb 14 08:10:07 EST 2007

Hi Dave

Looking forward to seeing you at Wyong. If anyone can help out on the APRS
stand at Wyong that would be great. If not, just drop in and say Hi. We
will
have an Ethernet network running if people want to set up a computer
showing
stuff...

Darryl

---------
Darryl Smith, VK2TDS POBox 169 Ingleburn NSW 2565 Australia
Mobile Number 0412 929 634 [+61 4 12 929 634 Int] - 02 9618 6459
www.radio-active.net.au/blog/ - www.radio-active.net.au/web/tracking/

-----Original Message-----
From: ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au [mailto:ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au] On
Behalf Of David Hopkins
Sent: Wednesday, 14 February 2007 6:49 AM
To: ozaprs at aprs.net.au
Subject: [OZAPRS] Brisbane to Wyong

Gentlemen,
I intend to leave Brisbane for the Wyong field day this afternoon.

I will be traveling from Brisbane down the Gold Coast then on to
Lismore. Tonight. From there to the New England Highway then on to
Wyong by Friday Night.

As there is virtually no APRS activity from the Gold Coast until
Newcastle There would be no position reports between these two locations.

I will be using some experimental software on my PDA  that sends the
reports via the GPRS network.when I am out of range of the Amateur
network.

I would appreciate any reports on the success of the trials.

It has been working around Brisbane without problems over the last week or
so.

The callsign will be VK4ZF-10. Transmission times will be 60 seconds
when using the amateur network and 5 minutes using GPRS. The text
comment will change with the GPRS transmissions as well to."via GPRS
from my PDA"

Fingers crossed all goes well.

See you in Wyong

David