[OZAPRS] VK1 reception issues? (Ian Mills)

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Mon Feb 12 14:57:07 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Hunt" <wavetel at internode.on.net>
> Ian .. I had exactly the same experience late last year around Sept/Oct
on
> the Hume highway.. I was getting posits in off an Igate but was unable
> get any back into the system till much closer to Sydney..

I have to say that I've noticed the same thing, which I thought was
insanely
strange.. - running the Igate, I was hitting Mt Ginini (the WIDE giving
hume
highway coverage), with no hassles on 500mW from Canberra (a good 50-60km
awayish?).  Yet not much further away on the other side of ginini on the
hume, running 5W with a 9dB antenna, I couldn't get in at all... - maybe
the
antenna is on the wrong side of the tower?

Regards,

Damien

--
Damien Gardner Jnr