[OZAPRS] VK1 reception issues?

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Mon Feb 12 23:06:33 EST 2007

Hi Ian,

On 12/02/2007, at 11:50 AM, Ian Mills wrote:

> On the way down and back my D7 was decoding packets successfully
> from well outside of Goulburn, however it was only when I hit
> Queanbeyan that I managed to get a handful of my positions heard
> (TXing my position every minute with a 30w amp).

What path did you have programmed into your D7?  According to the VK1
APRS website it should be "WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2" which I think is the
mobile standard now?

> Is there a problem with the reception in Canberra as my 30w system
> gets me out fine around Wollongong/Sydney. I was receiving a heck
> of a lot of traffic from all over VK while in range of the VK1 digis.

Yeah, there's a fair bit of traffic here at the moment. If the
channel is busy then it's likely your posits were clobbered by the
IGate.  Both Pete's and my IGates are pretty much direct line-of-
sight to Ginini.

Carl.