[OZAPRS] some propagation

Norm, VK3XCI vk3xci at aanet.com.au
Sun Feb 4 13:35:13 EST 2007

G'day Tony,

I usually have the View > Incoming data pane open: or the Help pane :)
I'm struggling with Xastir maps at the moment, so when I saw all sorts
of stations pop up on the blank screen  :( I went back to the View pane
then back to All Stations pane.

At the moment I've only got a 5/8 whip on the garage roof so I'm limited
to VK2RBX and VERY local stations at the moment. The old 828 is a little
deaf too!

Norm

Tony Hunt wrote:

> Tony & Eva Hunt  wavetel at internode.on.net
>

>> From: "Norm, VK3XCI" <vk3xci at aanet.com.au>
>> Subject: [OZAPRS] some propagation
>> To: VK / ZL APRS Users <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> In the early am and late pm I'm seeing a host of VK5 digiing through
>> VK2RBX at Mildura. Not near the APRS box at the moment so not sure of
>> the path but I think there are 2 other digis involved, making a total
of
>> 3 hops to my box.
>>
>> Anyone in Adelaide seeing VK3s from Mildura?
>
> Very often Norm .. As I said last week.. Seeing VK7s VK3s and Pt Lincoln
> VK5s
> Some 1 hop and some direct..
>
> We are all running 2 hop paths here in Adelaide.. Its not uncommon at
all to
> get this propagation. Ive been seeing it now on and off for over 2
years.
> And it lasts for hours.
>
> Good to see someone else has started actually looking at the frames
instead
> of just looking at maps.
>

> Tony VK5AH

de VK3XCI