[OZAPRS] Upside down power supplies

Damien Gardner Jnr (Home) rendrag at rendrag.net
Sat Dec 22 11:48:22 EST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au [mailto:ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au] On
Behalf Of Terry Neumann
>I'm still immensely annoyed that the extremely useful Clipsal 463
>piggyback plug was banned from purchase by the common people in
>Australia some years ago.  They are readily available in New Zealand
>(branded Made in Australia), but these days they are apparently only
>available to the theatre industry over here.   Apparently the reason
for
>the ban was that some turkey somewhere once bought two of them and made

>an extension cord - innovative because you can use either end at the
>wall outlet - pity about the exposed pins at the other end though ....

>As someone once observed: It's hard to make things foolproof because
>fools are so ingenious!

I remember when that happened - was '91 or so..  Having met a few
double-ended 'faggot-plugs' ratting around backstage back in the day,
I'm kinda against general plebs getting hold of them myself..  But it
would seem that the ban has been lifted (or at least relaxed, and
tradies can now buy them?), as I bought a couple about a month ago from
Turks :)

Cheers,

Damien