[OZAPRS] LM7805 and caps

Darryl Smith Darryl at radio-active.net.au
Mon Aug 27 13:44:16 EST 2007

Most of the time when I find the DC is really bad is when I do dumb
things... Like...
	* Set pins as output high and then ground them
	* Set pins as oscillating, and then connect them to a supply
	* mis-wire the MAX232

If there is noise getting into radio equipment then changing the caps on
the
main oscillator helps. This was notorious with some of the TNC-2
implemementations, where there was a birdie on 145.01 MHz. It could be
moved
with a trimcap. I can remember helping a friend out when he had spent days
looking for the problem. I asked for a ceramic capacitor - any value. And
it
worked. He did not believe that I did not care about the value. Just
enough
to change the frequency.

Darryl