[OZAPRS] VK3 APRS News - 'New n-N Paradigm'

Peter VK1NFI vk1nfi at netspace.net.au
Fri Aug 24 20:04:10 EST 2007

VK1 and some of VK2 have been running the n-N paradigm for nearly 12
mths now.  The digi's within the SENSW network are
VK1RGI-1 - ACT and some sthn areas
VK1RBM-1 - Nth ACT
VK2AMW-4 - Nowra and surrounds
VK2AMW-3 - Nerriga and surrounding highlands
VK2CSU-1 - Wagga

VK1NPW-1 is the primary I-Gate with VK1KCM-1 as the fall back I-Gate

There are still some minor issues with it, but they are being worked
out, the main fix will be the re location and upgrade of AMW-4
When this goes ahead, VK2AMW-2 at Batemans Bay will be able to be
reliably brought into the system.  There are no plans to bring AMW-1
into the SENSW paradigm, mainly due to its proximity to Sydney.  I have
spoken briefly with other operators in the Illawarra area who are
wanting to upgrade.  Still in the planning stage, I have had virtually
no spare time this year after taking on a new role at work.

Pete VK1NFI
SENSW Sysop

Ian Mills wrote:
>  Great initiative, are there any plans to implement this in VK2? I note
that VK1 are already following the new paradigm including some of the
southern -AMW digis.

> Cheers
> Ian vk2him

be a good time to introduce the 'New n-N >Paradigm'.