[OZAPRS] codan 8528 and TT3

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sat Aug 11 20:45:38 EST 2007

Tim VK2HLT wrote:

>Gday guys,
>Anyone have any info on connecting a TT3 to the Codan 8528 mobile ? I
have
>both items and are keen to hear from anyone who may have already done
this.
>Cheers
>Tim VK2HLT

Every commercial HF radio I've encountered has balanced microphone
audio. To ensure that balance remains I insert a small audio transformer
between the unbalanced TNC/whatever audio source and the radio. I
generally rewire the DIN socket to suit. In a similar vein there has not
been a source of unmuted rx audio available at a socket or test point.
I've chased up a suitable rx audio point with a CRO. Your radio may be
different but that is my experience.

Ray vk2tv