[OZAPRS] Was Byonics, Australian requirements

Michael Carey michaelcarey at internode.on.net
Tue Aug 7 13:11:14 EST 2007

> I'm curious.. How much bigger can a HF antenna possibly be, compared to
> a VHF antenna??  I know both of mine have always stood out like dogs
> balls, whether they were on the boot of my commodore, or (these days) on
> the bullbar on the hilux (http://offshore.pinegap.net/P5198782.jpg - nb:
> turn headlights off before driving through water) - not sure how I'd fit
> extra antennas there, maybe move some stuff to bonnet side-mount ;)

I'll take your Hilux and raise you mine!!
http://www.users.on.net/~michaelcarey/pics/hilux_albums/
I've got some more pics with the folding Moonraker HF antenna on the
back, I'll get them up today sometime.
I run both VHF (HamHUD) and HF (TinyTrak3) APRS. HF coverage is quite
good now with more gateway stations operating... but it's a different
beast to VHF.
Michael
VK5ZEA