[OZAPRS] Was Byonics, Australian requirements

Norm VK3XCI vk3xci at aanet.com.au
Tue Aug 7 10:40:32 EST 2007

HF APRS

I know the NSW Rural fire service had a heap of old Codans and Wagners.
I wonder where they all are? (I know where one is :) ! ) They're solid
as a brick dunny and designed for extreme conditions.

Similarly old marine HF rigs. Heaven forbid they were all simply thrown
away, tho' I do fear the worst.

Ray Wells wrote:

Much snipped......

> HF APRS really fills a need, and with the scattering of HFgates around
> the nation one is rarely out of range of someone.
>
> Probably the biggest disincentives for some potential users is the need
> to tie up an expensive HF rig, and the large antenna required, compared
> with VHF.
>
> A small, 25W 30m rig just for APRS would be a real boost. Any takers?
>
> Ray vk2tv

Norm, VK3XCI,
Mildura, The Wintersun City
QF15bt