[OZAPRS] Ozaprs Digest, Vol 24, Issue 7

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Sat Aug 11 09:46:23 EST 2007

Hi Horst,

When you turn up the volume on the radio and listen to the APRS channel in
Melbourne you will here a lot of packets being transmitted. (I do this on
regular basis) These are from fellow APRS operators that generally have
well
configured beacon rates etc.

They would not appreciate their transmissions being interfered with by
another station who has not taken all reasonable actions to minimise
interference to fellow operators.

A tx only device would also be illegal under the Australian Amateur laws.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK