[OZAPRS] Opentracker

Michael Brown VK2ZEN vk2zen at b5.net
Thu Apr 26 16:01:50 EST 2007

oh yes indeed opentracker is outstanding.  it also has a spare analogue
input that it will report on just in it's default state, and if you feel
ambuitious you can modify the open source  for it and have it report
even more telemetry.

Extending the onboard temperature sensor to the engine to report  oil or
water temp could be fun.

Though there does seem to be a problem I'm encountering with the
microprocessor breaking down after summer. It's the second time it's
happened to me now, the device just starts to think it's always got a
signal coming from the radio and thusly will not transmit. I can hook it
up to the computer and it will go into programming mode and all the
config looks good, but it still thinks there is an audio signal on it's
input. Replacement of the cpu allways fixes it.

There is a possibility it has something to do with the very spikey power
supply available in the 1977 mini cooper, this time around I will put a
large capacitor on the power into it.

My advice, always purchase a few spare cpu's for it from the supplier
seeing they are cheap.