[OZAPRS] Mapping GPS for D700A

vk4tec at people.net.au vk4tec at people.net.au
Thu Apr 19 11:12:15 EST 2007

   Zik,

   Sorry I read it more carefully.

   The D700 outputs a $GPWPL sentence back to the GPS.

   Unless your unit accepts this NMEA waypoint, I do not think so

   On Thu Apr 19 1:03 , "Zik Saleeba" sent:

     I've recently bought a secondhand D700A (thanks Andrew) and would
like
     to connect it to a GPS with a nice map display. I see from the manual
     that you can hook up the D700A to some GPSes and have the locations
     marked on the GPS map as waypoints. My question is what GPSes does
     this work with? Can I use a TomTom or similar navigation device with
     it and have it work well?
     Thanks in advance,
     Zik VK3MHZ