[OZAPRS] HF APRS Freqs on other bands? worldwide allocations

Mike Zwingl oe3mzc oe3mzc at oevsv.at
Mon Apr 16 21:46:57 EST 2007

hi all,
there is a allocation table of  QRGs that are harmonized for APRS
worldwide.
Here is my knowledge:
40m 7035 LSB 300Baud AFSK
30m 10147,6USB AFSK and 10147,3USB in RPR (attention: USB !)
20m 14103,0LSB AFSK and 14103,3LSB in RPR
17m  18102 LSB AFSK 300Bd
15m  21117 LSB AFSK 300Bd
10m  29250 FM 1200Baud AFSK PKT
Sideband does not really matter for AFSK300, but it does for RPR and it
changes the DIAL-QRG in both modes!
(10.147,6 USB is same as 10.151LSB, assuming 1600/1800Hz AFSK, resulting
in
spectrum at 10.149,4 and 10.149,2)

The important thing is, that these Qrgs only make sense, if you have a
IGATE
in reach (single hop propagation preferred)

Before I travelled VK6 and VK8 last year I also had to find someone
willing
to install a Gate.
Fortunately I found Alan, VK8ZAB in Darwin, who did setup the gate. Main
problem was frequency drift of my mobile FT100.
This could only be solved by a DSP-TNC. But this was after my trip-hi.

I guess 10 Mhz is a good compromise now, given the sunspot numbers.
73 de Mike