[OZAPRS] Tiny Trak 3 config?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Apr 11 00:19:48 EST 2007

> .... Unless your driving down straight highways for many
> hours you just cant run agressive corner pegging [on HF]..

I see many operator errors on TInyTracks in my area.  Three are
beaconing a wasteful STATUS packet saying "TinyTrack3 v 1.1" in
addition to another status text...  One is beaconing every 30
seconds for a total of over 100 packets per hour, etc...

Does the Tiny Track have more than one status Text?

Since APRS defines STATUS as one-per-station, these toggling
STATUS texts then eat up log files, since APRS logs any CHANGE
in status or position to the log file.  Getting two every minute
from a TT is excessive...

Is this set-up error?  Or does TinyTrack always output this?

Bob