[OZAPRS] 12.5 Narrowband radios for APRS

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Mon Apr 2 20:44:29 EST 2007

Hi Nicholas,

Yep you can use a narrow band radio for APRS. However you need to be
careful
when tuning it. Set the deviation to 2.2Khz or below.

If you want it for rx then the stations/digies that you are rxing must
also
be carefully tuned for a deviation of about 2.2Khz. This could be a bit of
problem as most APRS digis have a deviation of between 3.0Khz and 3.5Khz

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK