[OZAPRS] 12.5 Narrowband radios for APRS

vk3xci at aanet.com.au vk3xci at aanet.com.au
Mon Apr 2 16:52:17 EST 2007

No no!
2.5kHz is ideal!!!
Generally speaking, for packet radio, less is more! Particularly if the
signal is to be digipeated. More so if the TNC is an old tnc2 and the
wireless an fm828. :)

Whatever you do don't try to up the deviation by overdriving the audio to
rig.

The rule of thumb is NEVER exceed 3kHz! The ideal is to set max dev at
3khz then back off the audio drive for 2.5

Works for me!

Norm VK3XCI