[OZAPRS] APRS Pocket Tracker for sale

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Wed Sep 6 22:05:52 EST 2006

Unfortunately the freq is a bit hard to change.

I have enquired about this subject. 145.175 MHz and 144.725 MHz are the
two
freq

See post:

Hey Andy,

You should know that the Control Voltage range in a Pocket Tracker is a
little less than 5 volts.  It runs from about 100 mV to about 4.8 volts.
The slope is 450 kHz per volt.  The two frequencies in your Pocket Tracker
are 450 kHz apart.  So long as the tuning by L3 stays in the middle of the
range you shouldn’t need to do any retuning when you move the FS jumper.
Ideally you’d tune for 2.5 + / - 0.2 volts when set to 144.95 MHz, but
there
’s no way to set it to 144.95 MHz.  So if you are tuning while set to
operate on 144.725, then you will want to tune L3 for a Control Voltage of
about 2.0 + / - 0.2 volts.  If tuning while operating on 145.175 MHz (the
FS
jumper in the “9” position – or not installed), then you will want to tune
L3 for a Control Voltage of about 3.0 + / - 0.2 volts.  I hope that makes
sense to you.  Since it’s working fine the tuning must be OK.  I wouldn’t
mess with it unless there’s a good reason.

Pocket Trackers work great on any kind of aircraft.  It doesn’t take much
altitude to make nearly everything “line-of-sight”.

Please let me know if I can ever offer any assistance.

Questions, comments, and suggestions are always welcome.

Keep on trackin’! ™

Best regards,

Tony – N7MTZ

HiValue Radio Inc.