[OZAPRS] HF QRG's

Wavetel wavetel at bigpond.com
Mon Oct 30 15:22:25 EST 2006

John.. I saw you post a similar message a few days ago.. Over in VK5 we
are generally using 10.147.6 as per the national web page on HF stuff..
http://www.aprs.net.au/hf_aprs_information.htm

When I say generally.. There have been some testing on 20m of late but
we are on 30m 99% of the time.
Ive found 30m odd at times where it just seems to be dead even for days
at a time where even 3MY is not real strong. Then at other times its
great with 5-6 stations on air nationally. Its also very dependant on
holiday season .. I expect there will be some activity on there over
Dec-Jan ..

I will be doing some trips into the Adealide hills in the next few days
so I will run a HF tracker and see if there is anything about.
I recently took a trip to Sydney and up to Gympie in VK4 over about 4
weeks. I ran HF APRS alot  the time and found it had reasonably good
coverage although it was quiet on there at times.

--
Tony  Hunt  VK5AH

> Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 14:23:04 +1100
> From: "John Simon" <jrsimon at ozemail.com.au>
> Subject: [OZAPRS] HF QRG's
> To: "VK / ZL APRS Users" <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
>
> No response so I'll ask the question again.
>

>  What HF QRG's are in use in VK4,5 and 6 on APRS?  The reason I ask is
that
> I've been montioring 10.1476USB for the last week or so and have only
heard
> one VK4, two from VK7 and one possibly two VK5 stns in that time.   I
> generally receive VK3MY if there is any sort of lift in condx.
Nothing