[OZAPRS] European v US new paradigm

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Tue Oct 24 18:31:40 EST 2006

Gday Bob,

Thanks for your comments.

At present we are going through an APRS frequency change in this state
(Victoria) and have a requirement to stay backward compatible to reduce
Operator confusion. It's hard enough for the mobile stations to try and
figure out what channel they need to be on in order to get into the RF
network let alone switch between paths as well.

When the frequency change is completed the digis will support both path
structures. It might then be time to look at what path structure to
follow.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK