[OZAPRS] Dumb D700 packet mode question

Tony Hunt wavetel at bigpond.com
Sat Oct 21 16:14:42 EST 2006

Darryl .. I remember something about a command LT or LTEXT .. Just
cheating
and looking at
what UI-View does in the CMD file for D700's  it looks like these are the
relavant commands

GPSTEXT $GPRMC
LTMON 10
LTMHEAD ON
LOC E 0

The GPSTEXT line selects the NMEA string type.. You can only have 1 at a
time on the LTEXT

The LTMON specifies the interval for displaying a message determined by
LTEXT in seconds

LTMHEAD  I can not find any info on this but it looks like it should be
on..

LOC  This is a abbreviation for the LOCATION command. I think you can use
the D700 in packet mode like a TNC with a GPS connected to the RS232 port.
The options here are
LOC Every or LOC AFTER like BEACON EVERY and AFTER commands. Setting Every
0
as per above stops it from beaconing. So its now up to your APRS client
programe to generate the beacons.
The unit here is in 10 second increments. So LOC E 6 is a beacon every 60
seconds. Also related commands would be needed LPATH and LTEXT. This I
guess
would produce uncompressed NMEA Posits on air ..

I think that covers it..  Tony VK5AH